For those who are unaware, industrial maintenance typically refers to things such as the repair and upkeep of the various kinds of equipment and machines that get to be utilised in an industrial setting. The basics of IM (Industrial Maintenance) can be classified into the following five categories:
- General knowledge
- Electrical knowledge
- Welding knowledge
- Mechanical knowledge
- Preventative maintenance
Along with this broad range of areas of proficiency, industrial maintenance technicians are in nearly all cases, multi-skilled people who are extremely competent in carrying out many duties.
- Industrial maintenance means also having to include an expert knowledge of problem solving skills.
- Having to properly identify any problem along with the very best and safest way to resolving the problem, are commonly an integral factor of the entire maintenance process.
Vast General Knowledge is required
- The type of general knowledge that is normally required in industrial maintenance is the complete understanding of all tools, blueprint reading, oee systems (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and safety concerns.
- The proper tools and the full awareness of precisely how to use them will be vital for fixing possible machinery mishaps.
- Blueprint reading allows for a technician to comprehend how a certain machine operates.
- OEE Systems provide a selection of specialist tools to assist manufacturing improvement teams in cost justification and put into action changes that will improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness and thus cost savings.
Safety Matters and Machinery Know How
Matters of safety are also a crucial factor of maintenance, as practically all industrial machinery can be of danger. Therefore, it is of the highest importance that the technician has to look out for not only his or her own safety, but those of the other workers who will be making use of the machinery.
Expert mechanical knowledge of exactly how the machines operate can include a full understanding of concepts such as:
- Mechanical power transmission
- Fluid power
- Piping systems
Because of the often multiple numbers of mechanical parts that can make up just a single piece of machinery, maintenance means having the awareness of precisely how machines function in general.
A knowledge of:
- Basic industrial electronics
All will be necessary for any types of repair work in any problematic machinery with regards to power supplies.
Off or On-Site
- An industrial maintenance technician might be employed as an on-site worker or may also be working privately in the event of necessary maintenance.
- A lot of machinery manufacturers provide maintenance plans for their products and will regularly send out service technician.
- These personnel are skilled on the manufacturer’s machinery have the knowledge on how to repair any potential problems.
- Preventative maintenance is commonly a crucial part of this field.
- Because modern industrial machinery can be costly, it is of the essence that companies ensure the upkeep of their investment.
Preventative maintenance can also make sure that every piece of machinery is safe to use, and thus is deemed safe to operate.